Ozone Instinct Light XC 10m²
Ozone Instinct Light XC 10m²
You Save: R2,315.00
The Light XC has come of age in 2009. No longer can it be viewed as just a school or beginners kite, this new generation is truly the perfect crossover kite for all levels of rider.
Progressive power delivery, sharper handling and better all-round performance with smooth bar feel. The Light XC is ideal for intermediates, beginners, schools and wave riders. Low aspect, three strut kite; simplicity without compromising performances.
The Ozone Instinct Light XC new generation is truly the perfect crossover kite for all levels of rider.
Progressive power delivery, sharper handling and better all-round
performance means that from starting out to wave or even unhooked - the Light XC packs the perfect punch to progress safely and stress free.
The big difference with the Instinct Light XC is the advent of having four line kites instead of five without sacrificing the Ozone feeling. The Ozone Instinct Light XC 09 has a more powerful, smoother and progressive feel than ever before. The Ozone's "Sweet Spot" is now much wider!. The bar pressure gives better feedback to the rider and the de-power trim strap is more effective without sacrificing feel or handling when engaged. The Light XC has two settings for fast and light or slower and heavier handling, giving every rider the opportunity to set the kite up for individual preference.
It's an affordable, ultra light, 3 strut kite ideal for a wide range of riders and conditions. The Ozone Instinct Light XC is fun and easy to fly and feel this versatile machine will redefine recreational Kitesurfing.
The Ozone Instinct Light XC is the perfect travel kite; light in weight and packs very small due to its compact size and minimalist 3 Strut Concept. Take the 12m on holiday with your surfboard and you have the perfect travel combo that will be under any airlines weight limits! The low end grunt of the Instinct Light XC is truly impressive and combined with its massive depower, the wind range of the Light allows you to consider a one size quiver for most days.
For wave riding, the Ozone Instinct Light’s low weight is the secret that unleashes its increased performance from such a stable shape. It literally hangs in the air even in super light winds and at the edge of the wind window…. it just keeps pulling. The lightness is really felt when on fast waves …when moving with a quick wave the rider can easily overtake the kite and create less tension on the lines between rider and kite. While a heavy kite loses power and dies in this situation, the Instinct Light just keeps pulling away from the rider maintaining constant tension & pressure in the lines. This allows the rider to concentrate 100% on the wave knowing that the Light is always ready, and with its progressive steering one can confidently snap turns at will up or down the line.
For intermediate riders interested in learning to ride unhooked the Light is also the kite to own. You can un-hook without stressing your head with crazy power, the Light seriously makes riding un-hooked easy and stress free and therefore makes it easier for you to master your moves. This is the unhooked school kite that will allow the rider to learn those ballsy moves with ease.
The Ozone Instinct Light XC has also been designed to be as easy and adaptable as possible, making it the ideal kite for schools and beginners looking for simplicity and a quick learning curve. Line Trimmers affixed above each bar end, allow instructors to adjust the perfect line tension for any wind condition. If you prefer more bar pressure, simply pull in the trimmers. Want that light feel, just let the trimmer back out.
The relaunch is almost automatic, just turn the bar and it’s in the air. The Lights constant power and fluid steering combined with user friendly characteristics makes the Light a dream for accelerating any learning curve. It is powerful enough to tow into the largest of waves, yet its low aspect shape will keep you on your board and not eject you when the trigger is pulled.
We also feel that this kite is ideal for the occasional kiter or family that loves kiting yet does not want to invest in a lot of equipment. With the Light they have the best of all worlds, a fun and easy kite for all ages of the family that has full depower, re-assuring safety, easy relaunch, and not only is it light in weight it is also light on the wallet.
Outlined below are some of the very important differences:
- Simplicity - low aspect, 3 strut model
- 4-Line Pulleyless System - simplicity reduces set up time and eliminates checking your lines twice. Pulley-less equals a more direct to kite feel and no parts to worry about getting jammed with sand or wearing out.
- New planform which helps relaunching and self launch
- Tip struts moved towards centre reducing sail flutter and increasing turning speed
- Light weight aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Refined tip shape for precise, intuitive handling for faster turning providing a more constant pressure throughout the Depower range.
- 2 settings for handling-tractor to hot-rod- with heavier bar pressure and slower handling and lighter bar pressure and faster handling respectively
- Increased leading edge and strut volume for better floatation, relaunch and rigidity
- New aerofoil sections designed to give more performance whilst reducing drag making the kite faster and smoother in the air
- Unique bladder with double layer section in wear areas
- Easy relaunch – just turn the bar
- Total Depower – From Full Power to No Power
- Predictable and easy handling
- Huge wind-range >> Low end and High end
- Points high into the wind >>
- Easy to ride upwind 09 Bar design with stainless steel insert and integrated flag out safety
- Refined control system - below the bar 100% depower safety system allows the bar to spin without twisting up your leash.
- Innovative high grade stainless Power Bracket, allowing for flawless flag-out safety system
- Stopper Ball for flag out safety system
- Exceptional build quality and attention to detail
Materials: Ozone's philosophy has always been to use only the finest materials available for any of our products and for our Kitesurf range this is no different. Tube kites take a particularly harsh beating due to the sand and salt environment therefore we decided to use the industries tried and tested sail cloth to ensure our kites keep their designed factory trim even after hundreds of hours of use.
- Main Sail - For the main body of the sail we have used Tejin Nylon Rip-stop. Not the cheapest material option but by far the best material available in the industry.
- LE and Struts - For the leading edge and struts we have chosen Dimension Polyant Dacron, also the leading Dacron manufacturer in the World. The structural part of a tube kite takes unbelievable amounts of stress and its imperative that a quality cloth is used otherwise the kites characteristics will change.
- Bladders - We use the leading PU material for all our bladders and we are meticulous with their production to ensure you have a bladder that will not fail during normal use. Bladders can be a kiter’s worst nightmare; it was ours before we started making our own LEI’s! We use the finest valve machine available to electrically join the valves to the leading edge and struts.
- Flying Lines - New for all our 2009 kites land and water is a new Dyneema line that is thinner and also stiffer due to a better coating technique. The thinner lines still retain the 300kg breaking strain so we have gained performance thanks to less parasitic drag as the lines fly through the air. The stiffer lines are also a lot easier to handle and do not tangle easily making your rigging time hassle free.
- Aerodynamic Leading edge scuff pads - therefore keeping weight off the leading edge which is very important for better performing kites
- Narrow optimally designed diameter leading edge tube and struts - strong structure and less “parasitic drag” as kite cuts through the air.
- New Tip Shape for a faster turn and to also give a more constant pressure throughout the D-Power range
- Direct Line to Kite feel – no pulleys in Kite or bar
- 2:1 depower trim strap which gives each model a constant feel from normal trim to full depower using the smooth clamcleat Trimmer Strap. For 09 3-way rings made in highest grade 316 Stainless
- New 09 Stopper ball for the safety flag out line so that the bar does not shoot up the lines to far when emergency final safety release is activated. (span width of kite)
- The Worlds finest material selection - no compromise, giving you peace of mind in buying into a quality manufactured product that will last
- Unique bladder construction with double layer sections in wear areas - no failures
- Leading industry service and support, if you have a problem - Ozone will deal with it
- The Ozone Instinct Light XC is a dream to re-launch, just turn the bar fully to one side and the kite rolls over onto its tip. The rider can either re-launch immediately with the kite downwind and de-powered or allow the kite to work its way to the edge of the wind window, allowing for a stress free re-launch
- Continuous smooth radius wingtip perfected in shape to increase turning speed and aid re-launch yet perfected in size to ensure the kite is balanced to stop any stall possibilities
Sizes: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14m
For 10 to 25 knots a rider of the following weight range should use the following size kite:
70-85 kg 12m
To ride in more than 25 knots, it’s best to step down one size.
Who is this kite designed for: The Instinct Light XC has been designed to be as easy and adaptable as possible, making it the ideal kite for people looking for simplicity and a quick learning curve. For intermediate riders interested in learning to ride unhooked the Light is also the kite to own.
Span Lines: Whilst designing the original Instinct in 2005 we noticed the problem that all flat kites suffer if they are allowed onto their back when crashed onto the water.
Our span lines do not hold any tension when the kite is in-flight. It does not add stability like many thought, it merely stops the instincts from being able to flatten out. If you are an above average rider you do not need the span lines and that is why we have only attached them with a larks foot knot. We recommend that you leave them attached as supplied from the factory.
Anti-Scuff Pads: Keeping the leading edge ultra light but at the same time protecting the structural stitching, these Dacron anti scuff pads ensure that the leading edge stitching remains intact when the kite is dragged along the ground during self launch or landing. A light weight leading edge is the key to an aerodynamic kite’s performance. No battens and no lumpy, drag inefficient heavy scuff pads ensure this. Battens also weaken the cloth as its more weight in the wrong place flapping and stretching the material around the batten ends - far from ideal.
New Planform and Tip Shape: The Instinct’s tip has been designed with water relaunch and turning speed in mind, it is more swept and the Y bridle configuration ensures the power from the back lines is applied to the correct part of the tip during the turn to keep the power constant and direct. The turn is initiated at the bottom of the tip, creating a faster reaction time, then, as the kite moves through the turn, the power is smoothed out and comes from further up the tip until it reaches the top of the bridle. No pulleys here mean DIRECT TIP STEERING.
New Strut Ends: Chamfered strut tips. The tips of the strut on the Instinct have been swept to a more aerodynamic shape, improving the airflow release and also eliminating the chances of the lines catching on the tip during launch or relaunch.
Anti-Line Catch Mesh: The leading edge of the Instinct is supported by a bridle, if the kite hits the water then the bridle and lines can become slack and catch on the valves. This simple mesh design stops the bridle lines from becoming wrapped round the inflation valves and opening them inadvertently. It also keeps the airflow smoother over the valve area, adding to the kites performance.
Anti Line Catcher > LE Tip: For the 2009 models Ozone have added a simple anti-line catcher to the tip ends that help ensure lines roll of the end of the leading edge to avoid line hang-ups which can create an un-safe launch situation. You will notice that we have designed this simple yet effective anti-line catcher with webbing but with a solid insert so it actually works. Other companies just add webbing which still allow the kite lines to get caught between the sail and the leading edge tube.
Ultra Thin Struts: The thinner the strut the faster the kite and the less performance is lost from disturbed airflow. These struts have been reduced to the minimum possible size without compromising structural stability.
High Quality Workmanship: The Ozone team have over 15 years of paragliding design and manufacturing experience which results in amazing craftsmanship and stress management, accurate stitching only where necessary. Self Rescue handles, Anti scuff pads and Strut base reinforcement are all visible here.
|Bullet Proof Construction: Reinforced bridle points and anti scuff pads. Extra material is placed inside the leading edge for bombproof attachment points.
The scuff pad stitching is not structural; it only holds the pad in place, all the structural stitching is beneath the scuff pad.
Bar Pressure Settings: 2 settings for handling - tractor to hot-rod - with heavier bar pressure and slower handling and lighter bar pressure and faster handling respectively.
Bladders: The bladders on all instincts are made from the highest grade of PU with double layers of PU at both ends of the struts (see picture). This extra layer adds protection in the right area and is one of the reasons Ozone bladders are leading the industry.
DEPOWER CONTROL BAR
Ozone Chicken Loop 2009 Bar System:
Below the bar 100% flag out system.
Ergonomic spinning handle – no more tangled power lines
One handed effortless & intuitive re-load for the D-Power-Loop
Large smooth release handle – easy to locate
Expert Leash attachment ring on Molded D-Power-loop for Experts to leash to for tangle-free un-hooked riding
New 09 cleaner trim system design with our industry leading specialist wear proof D-Power Line >> No more replacing your D-Power line every month! Watch this space – every other brand will have this line for 09!
Wide Mouth – D-Power Loop – Super easy for hooking in and out
Ergonomic Central Bar insert – For effortless unhooked re-loading
Swiveling D-Power Loop lock in finger – Easy to move out the way when riding unhooked
- 4-line simplicity - 2x 500kg power lines, 2x 300kg steering lines
New 09 bar with composite bar ends with embedded foam make it easy on your fingers,
- New plastic injection clearly colour coded bar ends
- New alloy bar insert -
- Elastic line fasteners to keep your lines tidy
- Composite compression molded bar ends positively tested to 350kg easy on the body when it goes wrong
- Conical Polished stainless steel insert top and bottom to reduce line wear and friction
- Foam leader line floats to protect your hands and to keep the bar floating
- Back line Trimmers – adjust your back lines with ease and choose your preferred setting
- Trimmer buckle for customised bar pressure
- Clamcleat Trimmer – Effortless to use for extra depower or when riding unhooked
- Increased clam cleat trimmer travel
- New refined release handle - reducing accidental release
- Flag-Out Handle on front power line – used to flag out the kite in an emergency or for self landing
No compromise for your safety.
Usually ships in: