Ozone CATALYST 2011 Kites
Ozone CATALYST 2011 Kites
[SEE PRICING DETAILS PER SIZE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE]
The Ozone Catalyst 2011 is designed for riders looking for an incredibly versatile and easy kite to ride for both free ride and waves. It can take a beginner safely from the first steps right through to ripping it up in all aspects of the sport. At the same time it can satisfy and impress seasoned riders of all levels.
If you want a kite that you can depend on to deliver the performance you want and need to ride to the level you desire on the day. It truly is a kite that can do it all no matter what riding you are doing.
Even if you love to ride waves, the Catalyst is easy to ride even in those critical moments because the kite can float in the air as you cruise down the line or smash the lip. It allows you to concentrate on the wave and not have to worry about perfect kite placement to keep it flying.
When the wind picks up boosting big is always fun and exciting, the Catalyst gets you up there and brings you down softly which is great for any beaten and broken body! It can even handle unhooked riding if that is your thing! However even if it is just cruising with your friends then no matter how flat or choppy the water, the Ozone Catalyst is going to be a pleasure to ride because of it’s smooth forgiving nature and it’s performance both up and down wind.
Drawn from all the excellent attributes of previous Ozone kites, the Catalyst 2011 has been refined into an amazing kite for entry level through to advanced riders.
The Catalyst has been developed along with the new Contact control system, which has an increased de-power throw range and a simplified trimming area into modular replaceable components.
Progressive power delivery, sharper handling and better all-round
performance means that from starting out to wave or even unhooked - the Ozone Catalyst packs the perfect punch to progress safely and stress free.
The Catalyst 2011 has a more powerful, smoother and progressive feel than ever before. The Ozone's "Sweet Spot" is now much wider! The bar pressure gives better feedback to the rider and the de-power trim strap is more effective without sacrificing feel or handling when engaged. The Catalyst also has several multiple trimming options settings for fast and light or slower and heavier handling, giving every rider the opportunity to set the kite up for individual preference.
The Ozone Catalyst2011 has also been designed to be as easy and adaptable as possible, making it the ideal kite for anyone looking for simplicity and a quick learning curve. Line Trimmers affixed above each bar en also allow you to adjust the perfect line tension for any wind condition. If you prefer more bar pressure, simply pull in the trimmers. Want that light feel, just let the trimmer back out.
It's an affordable, ultra light, 3 strut kite ideal for a wide range of riders and conditions. The Ozone Catalyst is fun and easy to fly and feel, this versatile machine will redefine recreational Kitesurfing.
Perfect Travel Kite:
The Ozone Catalyst 2011 s the perfect travel kite; light in weight and packs very small due to its compact size and minimalist 3 Strut Concept. Take the 12m on holiday with your surfboard and you have the perfect travel combo that will be under any airlines weight limits! The low end grunt of the Instinct Catalyst is truly impressive and combined with its massive depower, the wind range of the Light allows you to consider a one size quiver for most days.
For wave riding, the Ozone Catalayst's low weight is the secret that unleashes its increased performance from such a stable shape. It literally hangs in the air even in super light winds and at the edge of the wind window… it just keeps pulling. The lightness is really felt when on fast waves …when moving with a quick wave the rider can easily overtake the kite and create less tension on the lines between rider and kite. While a heavy kite loses power and dies in this situation, the Instinct Catalyst just keeps pulling away from the rider maintaining constant tension & pressure in the lines. This allows the rider to concentrate 100% on the wave knowing that the Catalyst is always ready, and with its progressive steering one can confidently snap turns at will up or down the line.
For intermediate riders interested in learning to ride unhooked the Light is also the kite to own. You can un-hook without stressing your head with crazy power, the Catalyst seriously makes riding un-hooked easy and stress free and therefore makes it easier for you to master your moves. This is the unhooked school kite that will allow the rider to learn those ballsy moves with ease.
The relaunch is almost automatic, just turn the bar and it’s in the air. The Catalyst's constant power and fluid steering combined with user friendly characteristics makes the Light a dream for accelerating any learning curve. It is powerful enough to tow into the largest of waves, yet its low aspect shape will keep you on your board and not eject you when the trigger is pulled.
Ozone also feel that this kite is ideal for the occasional kiter or family that loves kiting yet does not want to invest in a lot of equipment. With the Light they have the best of all worlds, a fun and easy kite for all ages of the family that has full depower, re-assuring safety, easy relaunch, and not only is it light in weight it is also light on the wallet.
Outlined below are some of the very important design features:
- Simplicity - low aspect, 3 strut model
- New high volume inflate/deflate valve for quicker setup and pack down
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- 4-Line Pulleyless System - simplicity reduces set up time and eliminates checking your lines twice. Pulley-less equals a more direct to kite feel and no parts to worry about getting jammed with sand or wearing out
- Teijin Techno Force sail material
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range
- New planform which helps relaunching and self launch
- Tip struts moved towards centre reducing sail flutter and increasing turning speed
- Light weight aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Refined tip shape for precise, intuitive handling for faster turning providing a more constant pressure throughout the Depower range.
- Multiple settings for handling heavier bar pressure and slower handling and lighter bar pressure and faster handling respectively
- Increased leading edge and strut volume for better floatation, relaunch and rigidity
- New aerofoil sections designed to give more performance whilst reducing drag making the kite faster and smoother in the air
- Easy relaunch – just turn the bar
- Total Depower – From Full Power to No Power
- Predictable and easy handling
- Huge wind-range >> Low end and High end
- Points high into the wind >>
- Bar design with stainless steel insert and integrated flag out safety
- Refined control system - below the bar 100% depower safety system allows the bar to spin without twisting up your leash.
- Innovative high grade stainless Power Bracket, allowing for flawless flag-out safety system
- Stopper Ball for flag out safety system
- Exceptional build quality and attention to detail
Materials: Ozone's philosophy has always been to use only the finest materials available for any of our products and for our Kitesurf range this is no different. Tube kites take a particularly harsh beating due to the sand and salt environment therefore we decided to use the industries tried and tested sail cloth to ensure our kites keep their designed factory trim even after hundreds of hours of use.
- Main Sail - For the main body of the sail, Ozone use Tejin Nylon Rip-stop. Not the cheapest material option but by far the best material available in the industry.
- LE and Struts - For the leading edge and struts we have chosen Dimension Polyant Dacron, also the leading Dacron manufacturer in the World. The structural part of a tube kite takes unbelievable amounts of stress and its imperative that a quality cloth is used otherwise the kites characteristics will change.
- Bladders - We use the leading PU material for all our bladders and we are meticulous with their production to ensure you have a bladder that will not fail during normal use. Bladders can be a kiter’s worst nightmare; it was ours before we started making our own LEI’s! We use the finest valve machine available to electrically join the valves to the leading edge and struts.
- Flying Lines - New for all 2011 kites, land and water is a new Dyneema line that is thinner and also stiffer due to a better coating technique. The thinner lines still retain the 300kg breaking strain so we have gained performance thanks to less parasitic drag as the lines fly through the air. The stiffer lines are also a lot easier to handle and do not tangle easily making your rigging time hassle free.
- Aerodynamic Leading edge scuff pads - therefore keeping weight off the leading edge which is very important for better performing kites
- Narrow optimally designed diameter leading edge tube and struts - strong structure and less “parasitic drag” as kite cuts through the air.
- New Tip Shape for a faster turn and to also give a more constant pressure throughout the D-Power range
- Direct Line to Kite feel – no pulleys in Kite or bar
- 2:1 depower trim strap which gives each model a constant feel from normal trim to full depower using the smooth clamcleat Trimmer Strap. 3-way rings made in highest grade 316 Stainless
- New 2011 Stopper ball for the safety flag out line so that the bar does not shoot up the lines to far when emergency final safety release is activated. (span width of kite)
- The Worlds finest material selection - no compromise, giving you peace of mind in buying into a quality manufactured product that will last
- Unique bladder construction with double layer sections in wear areas - no failures
- Leading industry service and support, if you have a problem - Ozone will deal with it
- The Ozone Catalyst is a dream to re-launch, just turn the bar fully to one side and the kite rolls over onto its tip. The rider can either re-launch immediately with the kite downwind and de-powered or allow the kite to work its way to the edge of the wind window, allowing for a stress free re-launch
- Continuous smooth radius wingtip perfected in shape to increase turning speed and aid re-launch yet perfected in size to ensure the kite is balanced to stop any stall possibilities
Sizes: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14m
For 10 to 25 knots a rider of the following weight range should use the following size kite:
70-85 kg 12m
To ride in more than 25 knots, it’s best to step down one size.
Who is this kite designed for: The Ozone Catalysthas been designed to be as easy and adaptable as possible, making it the ideal kite for people looking for simplicity and a quick learning curve. For intermediate riders interested in learning to ride unhooked the Catalyst is also the kite to own.
Ozone Contact Control Bar System:
Below the bar 100% flag out system.
Ergonomic spinning handle – no more tangled power lines
One handed effortless & intuitive re-load for the D-Power-Loop
Large smooth release handle – easy to locate
Expert Leash attachment ring on Molded D-Power-loop for Experts to leash to for tangle-free un-hooked riding
New 2011 cleaner trim system design with Ozone'sindustry leading specialist wear proof D-Power Line >> No more replacing your D-Power line every month!
Wide Mouth – D-Power Loop – Super easy for hooking in and out
Ergonomic Central Bar insert – For effortless unhooked re-loading
Swiveling D-Power Loop lock in finger – Easy to move out the way when riding unhooked
- 4-line simplicity - 2x 500kg power lines, 2x 300kg steering lines
New 2011 bar with composite bar ends with embedded foam make it easy on your fingers,
- New plastic injection clearly colour coded bar ends
- New alloy bar insert - reducing friction
- Elastic line fasteners to keep your lines tidy
- Composite compression molded bar ends positively tested to 350kg easy on the body when it goes wrong
- Conical Polished stainless steel insert top and bottom to reduce line wear and friction
- Foam leader line floats to protect your hands and to keep the bar floating
- Back line Trimmers – adjust your back lines with ease and choose your preferred setting
- Trimmer buckle for customised bar pressure
- Clamcleat Trimmer – Effortless to use for extra depower or when riding unhooked
- Increased clam cleat trimmer travel
- New refined release handle - reducing accidental release
- Flag-Out Handle on front power line – used to flag out the kite in an emergency or for self landing
No compromise for your safety!
Contact Control Bar Sizes included with the Ozone CATALYST Complete:
4-6m: 45cm Contact Control Bar
8m, 10m, 12m: 50cm Contact Control Bar
14m: 54cm Contact Control Bar
Usually ships in:
OZONE KITES 2011 WINDCHART (427,98 KB)