Ozone EDGE 2011 Kites
Ozone EDGE 2011 Kites
The Ozone Edge 2011 is the top of the line when it comes to performance; if you like to go fast and boost massive classic style airs this kite is all about you.
The new Ozone Edge has been refined and improved into the ultimate performance machine, with superior upwind and downwind abilities and extreme lift for mega boosting. Whether you want to blitz the competition in racing or boost ridiculous air, the Ozone Edge 2011 delivers.
The Edge high aspect ratio and thin section helps it slice through the air allowing for outstanding upwind performance and speed. Smooth and progressive feel in the bar with direct precise handling adds up to the ultimate ride for anyone performance driven.
Smooth and progressive feel in the bar with direct precise handling adds up to the ultimate ride for anyone performance driven.
This is Ozone's high performer designed to let you rip fast and send you high, the Ozone Edge has a high aspect ratio and super thin leading edge and struts making it very fast and with amazing hangtime. The Ozone Edge also keeps the familiar feel of previous versions with good unhooked ability, great in the gusts and a big wind range. This kite is for the focused kitesurfer.
High aspect ratio 4-line flat kite with One-Pump and 5 struts!
The Ozone Edge has a more powerful, smoother and progressive feel than ever before. The Ozone's "Sweet Spot" is now much wider! The bar pressure gives better feedback to the rider and the de-power trim strap is more effective without sacrificing feel or handling when engaged.
The Ozone Edge is an aptly named kite, for riders that like riding hard on the rail and at the edge of their limits. This higher aspect wing is not only fast, it develops a tremendous amount of energy. It’s up to you to choose where to direct that power, keep it in front of you and speed records are likely to break, send it vertical and you just might lose your stomach.
Be warned though, this kite is for advanced and expert riders that are looking for a quick kite with incredible lift and hang-time. The high aspect ratio plan form of the Ozone Edge, the 5 narrow diameter struts and progressive leading edge gives the Edge its higher performance characteristics.
These design features make for a faster, more aerodynamic kite which gives the Ozone Edge more POWER. This power can be utilized to create direct-line speed or massive lift.
The Ozone Edge will change the definition of getting air easy. As the Ozone C4 is a superb all-round, freestyle, free-ride kite, the Edge adds even more! It does everything you do on the C4 yet twice as fast, twice as high and twice as long! Speed, hang-time and height are the keywords for this design.
The Ozone Edge’s design keeps within the feel of the Ozone family, with its gust control and huge wind range yet it has the potential to take the rider to the next level and beyond. With the ability to spend more time in the air the rider will have more time to master tricks, hooked in or unhooked. For those interested in full on speed, the Edge will see you reaching that 50 knot barrier.
To achieve maximum performance from the kite, the Edge utilizes individual strut inflation, to maintain optimum pressure in the canopy. The tiny volume of the struts and the self seal valves mean for very fast pumping times and ensures the Edge performs as designed.
Outlined below are some of the very important design features:
- New 5 strut construction for weight savings & increased canopy flex
- New high volume inflate/deflate valve for quicker setup and pack down
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- 4-Line Pulleyless System - simplicity reduces set up time and eliminates checking your lines twice. Pulley-less equals a more direct to kite feel and no parts to worry about getting jammed with sand or wearing out
- Insane upwind and downwind abilities
- Extreme hang-time and lift
- Teijin Techno Force sail material
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range
- New planform which helps relaunching and self launch
- Tip struts moved towards centre reducing sail flutter and increasing turning speed
- Light weight aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Refined tip shape for precise, intuitive handling for faster turning providing a more constant pressure throughout the Depower range.
- Multiple settings for handling heavier bar pressure and slower handling and lighter bar pressure and faster handling respectively
- Increased leading edge and strut volume for better floatation, relaunch and rigidity
- New aerofoil sections designed to give more performance whilst reducing drag making the kite faster and smoother in the air
- Easy relaunch – just turn the bar
- Total Depower – From Full Power to No Power
- Predictable and easy handling
- Huge wind-range >> Low end and High end
- Points high into the wind >>
- Bar design with stainless steel insert and integrated flag out safety
- Refined control system - below the bar 100% depower safety system allows the bar to spin without twisting up your leash.
- Innovative high grade stainless Power Bracket, allowing for flawless flag-out safety system
- Stopper Ball for flag out safety system
- Exceptional build quality and attention to detail
- Main Sail - For the main body of the sail, Ozone use Tejin Nylon Rip-stop. Not the cheapest material option but by far the best material available in the industry.
- LE and Struts - For the leading edge and struts we have chosen Dimension Polyant Dacron, also the leading Dacron manufacturer in the World. The structural part of a tube kite takes unbelievable amounts of stress and its imperative that a quality cloth is used otherwise the kites characteristics will change.
- Bladders - We use the leading PU material for all our bladders and we are meticulous with their production to ensure you have a bladder that will not fail during normal use. Bladders can be a kiter’s worst nightmare; it was ours before we started making our own LEI’s! We use the finest valve machine available to electrically join the valves to the leading edge and struts.
- Flying Lines - New for all 2011 kites, land and water is a new Dyneema line that is thinner and also stiffer due to a better coating technique. The thinner lines still retain the 300kg breaking strain so we have gained performance thanks to less parasitic drag as the lines fly through the air. The stiffer lines are also a lot easier to handle and do not tangle easily making your rigging time hassle free.
- Aerodynamic Leading edge scuff pads - therefore keeping weight off the leading edge which is very important for better performing kites
- Narrow optimally designed diameter leading edge tube and struts - strong structure and less “parasitic drag” as kite cuts through the air.
- New Tip Shape for a faster turn and to also give a more constant pressure throughout the D-Power range
- Direct Line to Kite feel – no pulleys in Kite or bar
- 2:1 depower trim strap which gives each model a constant feel from normal trim to full depower using the smooth clamcleat Trimmer Strap. 3-way rings made in highest grade 316 Stainless
- New 2011 Stopper ball for the safety flag out line so that the bar does not shoot up the lines to far when emergency final safety release is activated. (span width of kite)
- The Worlds finest material selection - no compromise, giving you peace of mind in buying into a quality manufactured product that will last
- Unique bladder construction with double layer sections in wear areas - no failures
- Leading industry service and support, if you have a problem - Ozone will deal with it
- The Ozone Edge is a dream to re-launch, just turn the bar fully to one side and the kite rolls over onto its tip. The rider can either re-launch immediately with the kite downwind and de-powered or allow the kite to work its way to the edge of the wind window, allowing for a stress free re-launch
- Continuous smooth radius wingtip perfected in shape to increase turning speed and aid re-launch yet perfected in size to ensure the kite is balanced to stop any stall possibilities
Sizes: 7, 9, 11 and 13m
For 10 to 25 knots a rider of the following weight range should use the following size kite:
70-85 kg 11m
To ride in more than 25 knots, it’s best to step down one size.
Who is this kite designed for: The Ozone Edge 2011 is a kite for intermediate to experts. If you are a proficient rider with the skills for big hangtime and high speeds, this performance kite is for you not forgetting all the safety systems you come to expect from Ozone to keep it user friendly!
Contact control system features >>
- New Clam Cleat with 1 to 1 de-power
- Simplified bar system, with easily replaceable components
- Increased de-power throw range
- Lightly sanded EVA grip and ergonomic finger grip bumps give you the ultimate bar grip when wet
- New look larger foam floats
- New wider alloy central hole reducing friction
- Wear resistant PU trim line
- 100% flag out safety leash connection
- Below bar safety system allows the bar to spin without twisting up your leash
- Innovative high grade cast stainless Power Bracket, allowing for flawless flag-out safety system
- In line bar stopper ball for flag out safety system
- Legendary Megatron quick release chicken loop
- A wide mouth chicken loop for effortless unhooking and hooking back in
- Easily untangle your middle lines using the spinning handle
- A foolproof simple intuitive release and reload safety system
- A positive connection between the chickenloop and bar enables you to hook back in without taking your hands off the bar
- Expert riders leash connection ring
- Pre-stretched 500kg (front) and 300kg (back) lines
- The system exceeds all Kitesurf/Snowkiting loading and release EU NORM safety standards
Usually ships in: